In the event of an emergency outside of our regular operating hours, and you need immediate attention please contact one of our recommended 24-hour emergency care and specialty facilities.
Blue Pearl Veterinary Partners
View Larger Map
Fifth Avenue Veterinary Specialists
View Larger Map
Heart of Chelsea has a veterinarian on call for emergency inquiry until 10:00pm Monday-Friday and until 8:00pm on Saturday. Please call our main line at (212) 924-6116 and follow the prompts, which will allow you to leave a message with our doctor and be called back within minutes.
Urgent Care Tips
- Abdominal Pain: DO NOT give your pet food—this may induce vomiting or complicate a procedure such as anesthesia.
- Burns: Immediately flush the area with cool water for 5 minutes. After flushing, apply a cool compress to the area for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cold Emergencies: Remove your pet from the wind and cold into a warm place. Wrap your pet in warm (woolen) and dry blankets or clothing.
- Heat Emergencies: Move your pet to a cool, shaded area as soon as possible. Offer cool water to drink and wet your pet down with a garden hose. Allow your pet to air-dry.
- Household Medications: DO NOT give your pet any medications without checking with a veterinarian first.
- Poisonings: Have the container with you when you when you call. You will need information on the packaging to determine the appropriate treatment.
- Seizures: DO NOT try to restrain your pet during an episode. Keep your hands clear of the mouth to avoid being bitten. Move objects away that may cause injury during the seizure.
Provided by Blue Pearl Veterinary Specialists
Animal Poison Control Center • (888) 426-4435
The ASPCA is available for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call this line directly if we are closed. Be aware a $65 consultation fee may be charged by the ASPCA. Their website is also an excellent resource and can be found at the following link, along with a list of common poisons.